Official Liaison College Blog

Sunday, January 01, 2012

The Season for Celebrating

This holiday season was spent (like many before it) grazing the endless food assortment at parties and gatherings.  Over the past week, I have been to two friends' parties, one on Dec 30 and another on New Years Day.

While both of these events were set up "buffet style", the options were very different and in some cases deliciously devious!

My friend Sharon's brother is a caterer in California and she was in touch with him for some festive ideas.  One of his brainstorms was stuffed cherry tomatoes (cream cheese and fresh basil) and presented on a skewer.  Very good.

On the other hand, my friend Zoe is more traditional.  But she and I have one thing in common .... we love cocktail onions!  And there, on the table among caesar salad, quiche, delicious cold cuts and cheese, was a bowl of onions ..... I went for seconds.

From my kitchen to yours, Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment