Official Liaison College Blog

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Tonight's Dish is Fish

Tonight for dinner I have defrosted a couple of pieces of salmon.  I really enjoy eating fish as long as someone else cooks it; I don't like the slippery feel of the fish at all.  And saying that "the fish is too fishy" makes no sense literally, but I know exactly what you mean if you say it to me.  Fishy fish has a distinct odour and I avoid it at all cost.  In fact, this is something that I learned from our Chef Instructors at Liaison College - how to tell if a fish is not fishy:  check out the eyes - are they clear or cloudy and notice the odour - is it too fishy.  If the odour is strong and the eyes are cloudy, don't bother with the fish.


Now back to my dinner.

Everyone knows that eating fatty fish is a good idea for lots of health reasons, but I found this recipe to try that may negate the health factor due to the butter and nuts combo. 


Courtesy of "Busy Cooks"

Prep Time: 20 minutes

Cook Time: 10 minutes

Total Time: 30 minutes

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup fresh basil leaves
  • 1/2 cup chopped salted cashews
  • 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 6 Tbsp. butter, softened (NOT margarine)
  • salt and pepper to taste

Preparation:

In food processor or blender, combine all ingredients. Process till blended. Cover the blended butter and chill this mixture and then form it into a roll 1" in diameter. Wrap in waxed paper and chill until firm. Prepare and heat grill. Grill your salmon to desired doneness. Let the meat sit for about 5 minutes before serving, then slice the chilled butter and place on top of the hot salmon, letting it melt into the meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment